SYGNUS / Syslex
Law Firm tool for Time Management of employees and Invoicing to Clients.
Cost Control and Invoicing of contracted services is a key
element of a Law Office business.
Usually Law firms establish
service agreements/contracts with Clients for a number of hours
per month/period or achievement of a positive result in a judicial
Our product is centered in the managing of Timesheets and
Invoicing, covering registering and maintenance of Client and
Personnel data, input of work/service orders, daily input and
review of time assigned by each employee and consequently
control of associated costs.
A decisive economic factor on the result of a judicial case is the number of hours assigned to it by the lawyers and administrative staff. The basis of this control is the correct and timely completion of the lawyers timesheet. This data, with adequate organization, review and depuration by supervisors and summarization at various management levels,
serve as the justification document for invoicing and analytical tool for management decisions.
Main functionalities of Syslex are:
- Registering of Judicial Cases or Work Orders by Client. This is set up at the level required for charging
hours by lawyers.
- Input/Registering of time assigned to each Case/Work Order. This can be done by the lawyer itself or
delegated to an Administrative Assistant.
- Input/Registering of time dedicated to general work: meetings, research, seminars, etc.
- Time budgeted for each Case/Work Order.
- Balance of budgeted vs. actual dedicated time.
- Registering of management meeting attendance.
- Managing of penalties not attending meetings or not completing timesheets.
- Generation Control Reports for each Client.
- On-line inquiries of time assigned to each Client and Statistical Reports.
- Follow up of Cases/Work Orders. Information can be shared by all lawyers attending an specific Case.
Generation and maintenance of Invoice Orders, based on inputed timesheets. Various components are considered to
establish total cost to be invoiced to a Client: Dedicated hours by Lawyer, Specialized Fees, General Expenses,
Transportation, Expenses incurred for the Client, etc. Issuing of invoices and other documents. The system allows
comparison and corrections between reported and invoiced hours.
- Registering of Invoice Orders.
- Printing of non-regular invoices.
- Generation of Invoice for Expenses Incurred.
- Generation, modification, closing and cancellation of Debit/Credit Notes.
- Control the Status of each Invoice, either by Client , frequency, etc.
- Automatic generation of periodic invoices.
The system provides various ways to generate reports and that can be adjusted to the user needs. The module SYGNUS/Reports is part of the product and allows for easy generation of tabular reports. It has options to select fields, filters, grouping, generation of calculated columns, totals, etc.
Allows the definition Access Controls to each system option by employee. It also controls if a person can input and/or modify and/or only browse the system information.
The system provides a group of tools for administering data: approval workflows, invoice alerts for Clients, budget overflow for project responsibles, etc.